The driveway is the home entrance and as such must be handled with the care and attention it needs. The physical look is considered as a reflection of the owners, their way of life and an indication of what to expect in the interior. The choice of the driveway is largely dependent on various factors but mainly the target budget and the climatic conditions of the area. Bitumen driveways are much favored because they have a cost advantage and are able to withstand varying weather conditions.
Advantages of Asphalt
There are other materials, which can be used in driveways construction including concrete and gravel. However, before going for the others, it is important to consider the benefits of bitumen driveways. These include;
- Durable Driveway. They have a lifetime of approximately twenty years before replacement is required. This happens when a good foundation is done in terms of surface compacting and provisions for drainage. Another factor of longevity is that asphalt has a higher ability to handle high-temperature fluctuations without cracking, as it is flexible.
- Affordable. Asphalt driveways are much more affordable with the surface protection compared to concrete, which is more expensive. According to various sources, the bitumen surface goes for approximately $2 – $5 per square foot, while a concrete one, giving the same value will go for much more than this but deliver the same life span.
- Aesthetic Appeal. Beautiful patterns can be applied in the surface and can as well be rhymed with other decorative elements of the landscape.
- Easily Utilized. Asphalt type of driveway can be used as soon as construction is finished while other types require a curing duration before usage begins.
- Low Maintenance. Repair of the surface is possible and should be handled by experts to ensure good finish is obtained. Cracked asphalt must be repaired quickly to prevent penetration of water to the base, which can lead to faster deterioration.
Factors To Consider in Choosing Bitumen Driveways
Before making the final choice, several factors must be considered. Asphalt paving services Melbourne undertakes include the analysis of items such as;
- The general slope of the land where the drive is intended;
- What drainage considerations need to be put in place;
- Compatibility of the existing drainage to the new construction
- Expected traffic on the driveway such as the weight of the vehicles and the rate of usage
- The type of finish that will be used to give a great appearance.
- After this analysis, guidance is provided on the best material to use and the budget for each option for you to make a good decision.
Various types of edging can be used such as bricks, pavers or other styles. Asphaltmelbourne.com.au analyses your needs and budget for the driveway or even asphalt car parks and offer you a personalized and affordable quote for your needs. With continued endeavor for excellence in quality, driveway asphalting Melbourne offers have never been better than today. There is a great focus on the durability of your construction and so thorough attention is given to deliver outstanding and durable driveway. For more info, visit http://www.asphaltmelbourne.com.au/asphalt-driveways-melbourne